Erin summer fun

Know about college student credit card and benefits of using college credit cards.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A Dotty Ditty Including Feet

It was Eddison or Einstein, or some other genius whose name begins with an 'e' who said genius is one per cent inspiration and 99 per cent perspiration. Of course none of them wrote poetry. Even less funny poems. At times the inspiration packs its bags and goes on holiday, and all that is left is perspiration.

So I would love to compel your sympathy by explaining how how I have agonized over each golden word of this poem, cried over every beautiful phrase, and burrowed for the perfect rhyme, rhythm and meaning. How much know-how has gone into the use of the tools of the trade of word smith. How many cups of coffee have have been my only companion on sleepless nights.

I'd love to, but I can't!

Sometimes, writing funny poetry, the words just fall into place, seemingly wandering in off the highway of ideas as though looking for a seat in the shade to take the weight off their feet. (And I don't drink coffee either!) That seems to apply a lot to my dotty ditties; and here is one of those that mentions feet.

dotty ditty 113

Do You Walk With Your Feet?

Do you walk with your feet

On the pavement or street

And greet who you meet

On the way?

Does your head bounce around

With each step on the ground

(Well, that's what I've found),

And you sway?

Do you see each fresh sight

In a very new light

When spring is in flight

And it's May?

Well, you must be a friend,

So this message I'll send:

To be happy do tend -

Every day.

© Joseph Harris

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home